The Covid-19 virus might have been spreading quietly in humans for years, or even decades, without causing a detectable outbreak. Francis Collins, Director of the US National Institutes of Health.
The WHO detection team to discover where did Covid come from has been finalized. Next year they will present their findings on the origins of the Coronavirus which our media has been attributing to China. But the evidence says otherwise: it appears that Francis Collins will be proven correct. The virus was circulating long before the Chinese discovered it.
The Wall Street Journal chart, above, suggests that community spreads began in mid January.
Following the SARS outbreak in 2012, China’s CDC established 70,000 Coronavirus reporting nodes. With a single mouse click, physicians could warn of an outbreak. Beijing adopted the WHO’s recommendations for epidemics and laid in supplies accordingly, while other governments maintained their wonted policy of ignoring Coronavirus outbreaks or belatedly developing vaccines–despite the fact that neither approach has ever proven safe or effective.
It is now apparent that many countries, like the US and France, actively suppresses testing for the virus until as late as March 2020. Then blamed the first country to raise the alarm, China, for the outbreak. Recent discoveries, however, may cause this tactic to backfire.
- University of Calgary phylogenetic researchers showed SARS-CoV-2 may have been evolving slowly since 2013. European universities suggested that it started in either Europe or the US, then spread to China. Mount Sinai Hospital’s genetic analysis showed the source was ‘untracked transmission between the US and Europe’ and ‘limited evidence’ of direct introductions from China.
- Cambridge University’s Peter Forster found, “Variant A…is the root of the outbreak… The A and C types are found in significant proportions outside East Asia, that is, in Europeans and Americans. In contrast, the B type is the most common type in East Asia, and its ancestral genome appears not to have spread outside East Asia without first mutating into derived B types, pointing to founder effects or immunological or environmental resistance against this type outside Asia”.
A CAS-Fudan team found, “Both the least mutated strain’s geographic information and the strain diversity suggest that the Indian subcontinent might be the place where the earliest human-to-human SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurred, which was three or four months prior to the Wuhan outbreak.”
- German virology Prof. Alexander Kekulé said the SARS-CoV-2 virus did not originate in Wuhan. “The strain which is currently circulating around the world originated in Northern Italy”.
- We identified severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 RNA in an oropharyngeal swab specimen collected from a child with suspected measles in early December 2019, ≈3 months before the first identified coronavirus disease case in Italy. This finding expands our knowledge on timing and mapping of novel coronavirus transmission pathways.[the little boy had initial symptoms on November 21…. This is precisely what I was waiting for…: the match for when the army games returnees would infect others.
The athletes left Wuhan right after October 28, 2019 probably arrived during the first days of November …] Evidence of SARS-CoV-2 RNA in an Oropharyngeal Swab Specimen, Milan, Italy, Early December 2019 EID Journal.
- The CDC found Covid DNA in blood samples from last December, concluding, “SARS-CoV-2 may have been in troduced into the United States prior to January 19, 2020.
- Oxford University’s Tom Jefferson pointed to a string of earlier discoveries:
- March 12, 2019, Spain. Covid-19 in a Barcelona sewage sample.
- August, 2019, Japan, “Covid-19 invaded and spread in Japan in August 2019.”
- August, 2019, USA. US lung scans show Covid-19, not vaping.
- October, 2019 Wuhan, China. Elodie Clouvel contracts Covid-19 at the military games.
- November 2019, France. French researchers found evidence of coronavirus.
- November 2019, France. Hospitals found Covid-19 by analyzing chest scans.
- November, 2019, Sweden. Anders Tegnell, Sweden’s chief epidemiologist, said coronavirus may have been circulating in Sweden in November.
- November 2019: Florianopolis, Brazil.
- November, 2019, NJ Mayor Melham tests positive for November Covid-19.
- December, 2019. French researchers found Covid-19 patients.
Australian scientists now estimate US infection at six times the reported rate and MIT researchers estimate eight times higher: instead of 10 daily cases in February, for example, there were 80. This explains why 27% of East Coasters had the virus by early summer, when only 3.9% of Wuhan residents were infected–and why the US epidemic is now uncontained.
The WHO report will, therefore, be one of the most interesting documents in public health history.
Godfree publishes the weekly newsletter, Here Comes China!